Radcliffe Group Ltd is a digital media and publishing company operating in the cardiology and vascular medicine spaces. We are currently looking to recruit a Scientific Specialist to join our amazing Scientific Services Team within our Radcliffe Medical Education (RME) division.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who can bring to life medical educational content in an engaging, accurate way and in line with defined learning objectives. The role holder would work closely with our RME business development team to design best in class, compelling educational programmes which aim to address unmet educational needs.
The ideal candidate will be adept at communicating and collaborating as well as having the intellect and knowledge to ensure content is rigorous and trustworthy. An expert in desk-based research, the role holder will be able to accurately assess needs and produce content to match. They will undertake quality assurance to ensure our content is always accurate and will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders as the subject matter expert.
Alignment to our company values is a given and the role holder will need to work in harmony with the wider Radcliffe team to deliver the best outcomes.
The Radcliffe Group is growing and developing quickly, and the incumbent will need to cope well with change and remain agile to changing business requirements.
- Enjoy having fun and working with people who share common values.
- Want to work in a family friendly and flexible culture.
- Would like a good balance of travel to meetings/events as well as working from home and the office.
- Have a passion for bringing medical knowledge to life.
- Can work productively, at pace and can be responsive to changing requirements.
- Can be creative and produce supporting copy to promote educational programmes, working with marketing and account colleagues as required
- Are a confident speaker and can build trusted relationship with sponsors and health care practitioners alike.
- Are an expert researcher who can convey scientific content in an engaging way.
- Conducts literature research for areas of unmet need for development of written materials
- Carries out needs assessments according to SOPs
- Designs learning objectives and educational programmes to address unmet needs
- Designs pre/post-webinar assessment Q&A
- Carries out retrospective editing of video content with AV team and quality checks material prior to publishing
- Produces supporting copy to promote programmes, working with marketing and account team as required
- Reviews and signs-off on marketing copy
- Produces content in a timely fashion according to internal and external deadlines agreed with project management team
- Coordinates workflow with internal and external stakeholders (freelancers, third party providers)
- Provide scientific insight/support to other departments/personnel as required
- Briefs faculty members and attends filming
- Reviews key opinion leader (KOL) - derived content against brief
- Acts as point of contact for clients and faculty on scientific matters throughout lifecycle of a project
- Feeds into strategic vision as required
- Works on strategic initiatives to achieve overarching business goals
- BSc in bioscience or other medically-related subject (Essential)
- Higher degree e.g. PHD, MSc (Desirable)
- Foundational understanding of cardiology and knowledge of the cardiovascular therapeutic space (heart failure, arrythmia, coronary artery disease) (Desirable)
- Understanding of how independent medical education (IME) differs from other forms of medical communications (Desirable)
- Can thrive working in a hybrid model or working remotely with regular trips to the office as well as meetings and events.
- Ability to multitask and complete daily workload across multiple projects
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work in a timely manner
- Experience delivering medical education (independent or promotional)
- Familiar with MS Teams and Zoom as well as MS 365 (highly proficient using PowerPoint, excel and word)
- Proven track record of successfully pitching new ideas to clients – feels confident and comfortable doing so
- Strong learning mindset and is motivated to learn about unfamiliar topics
- Comfortable speaking with key opinion leaders on specialist topics
- Likes autonomy and is able to troubleshoot when encountering knowledge gaps
- Likes to work as part of a team but can also work well individually
- Strong project management skills
- Highly organised multitasker
- Hands-on and pro-active
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure and works productively at pace
- Excellent interpersonal skills and is personable and approachable – can build strong working relationships remotely with colleagues and gets involved with the wider team to promote collaboration and team working across the business.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing with good spoken and written English
- Ability to read and write in other major European languages (Desirable)
- Aligned to Radcliffe Values (honest, hard working, inclusive, proud, loyal, understanding, curious, high standards, positive and caring)
Aside from base salary, we offer a number of benefits. Our approach to pay and perks is evolving on an ongoing basis. At the moment it includes the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday (plus an additional 3 days for Christmas)
- Pension contributions
- Private Medical Insurance (post probation)
- Flexible working patterns
- A hybrid model with best of both remote and office working
- Potential for sponsorship for professional development
- Additional 5 days leave for professional development
- Choice of tech kit
- Team and company socials
- Charity and community initiatives with 2 CSR days
- Non-guaranteed profit related bonus scheme
- EMI share option scheme (eligibility of 1 year service)
Please note that whilst we offer hybrid working, there is a need for this role to travel to meetings and events as well as the office where business requirements dictate. We also ask that people attend team days and company events where required for team connection and learning.
We pride ourselves on being a family friendly and flexible company. We operate a hybrid working model where individuals can benefit from both remote and in-office working. The specific ratio of office vs home working is role dependent.
Wellbeing is important to us and we have a wellbeing special interest group, trained Mental Health First Aiders and progressive family friendly policies. Giving back is also important to us and we have spent time on various initiatives such as a virtual mission to raise money for Cardiac Risk in the Young (whilst keeping ourselves active!) and One Can Trust food collections.
We believe that working hard should be coupled with learning and having fun together and previous activities have included a talk from a hostage negotiator, a stress expert and nutritionist, a BBQ boat trip on the Thames, charity cricket match, team rounders, virtual pumpkin carving contest, Christmas Quiz, bake offs as well as more regular activities like our monthly games night (we are always happy to support Radcliffians in creating new interest/activity groups too!).
Radcliffe Group is an inclusive company where you can be yourself and we encourage applications from all. Having a diverse workforce is important to us.
Interested candidates who meet the person specification and feel they would enjoy working in the Radcliffe Culture should send a cover letter outlining their salary expectations, location, interest and suitability for the role along with a brief CV.